Here are my criteria for a political theology:
1. Must incorporate special and general revelation, since biblical law and creational law were designed to work together.
2. Must honor the comprehensive lordship of Christ over all nations and all of life (Psalm 2, etc), with the goal of producing Christendom (Christian civilization).
3. Must respect the central role of the church in history and society, including the church’s mission to disciple the nations
4. Must honor the legacy of Christendom, including its offshoot in classical liberalism (while correcting the worst features of classical liberalism). Classical liberalism in its origins reflected both Christian and Enlightenment influences. It eventually became a rival to the gospel and to the church as an alternative ecclesiology/sociology, but it does have some features fully compatible with a biblical political theology that should be preserved.
5. Must respect the role of marriage and family as foundational to fulfilling the creation mandate.
6. Must respect the providential role God has given to nations and empires. National identity is recognized in Scripture which means patriotism (love for one's fatherland) can be good. (though nations can also become idols) At the same time, there are global empires in Scripture that operate with some degree of divine sanction, so not every feature of globalism is to be rejected.
7. Markets should be, in principle, both free and limited. To be truly free, markets must operate within a moral framework. Further, markets are not absolute, and can be subordinated to other interests at times, particularly since there is no possibility of genuinely free (and fair) global market at present.
8. Must respect and apply the just war tradition.
I've thought of different names for this combination of convictions - something like “missional theocracy” or “ecclesiocentric liberalism” but nothing has really stuck. There is more to say -- this is only a rough sketch -- but any biblical politcal theology will have toi incorporate these features.